I am having problems with the /usr/lib support.(FAQ)

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 9 11:24:00 EDT 2002

Change krb5_des_string_to_key in configure.in to krb5_c_encrypt, rerun
autoconf and rebuild.

You should also report a bug with the fetchmail authors.  It turns out
that we renamed libcrypto to libk5crypto between Kerberos 1.0 and 1.1
(current version is 1.2.5, although this has not yet migrated to Mac
or Windowvs yet).  At that time, the API completely changed.  The
symbol krb5_des_string_to_key is not part of the new API (although it
is included for backward compatibility on our Unix version) and thus
is not made available by KFM.  We recommend that Fetchmail check for
the symbol krb5_c_encrypt in -lk5crypto and continue checking for
krb5_des_string_to_key in -lcrypto.  Alternatively Fetchmail may wish
to drop support for Kerberos 1.0 based releases; those releases are
quite old at this point and we do not support them even for serious
security problems.

Thanks,

--Sam