KfM 4.0b7: a few questions

Alexei Kosut akosut at Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 30 20:44:00 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:53:55PM -0500, Alexandra Ellwood wrote:
> >I need a way to be able to obtain the service ticket, including
> >contacting the TGS if necessary, such that it simply fails silently if
> >there aren't valid credentials.
>
> That's an interesting situation.  We'll look into a solution for you.

That'd be great.  Thanks!

BTW, the other situation where I've been able to coax a login dialog
where I didn't want one with this app is when I have multiple Kerberos
logins, and I destroy them in rapid succession.  My app detects the
change of default user and it tries to get a service ticket for the
new user, who has also just logged out, prompting a dialog.

> Are you trying to do this on Mac OS X, Mac OS 9 or both?

Right now, just Mac OS X.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut at cs.stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>