Printing on Mac OS X to Athena

Scott McGuire smcguire at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 30 15:13:01 EST 2002

At 10:55 AM -0500 1/30/02, Kevin Choi wrote:
>Hi, I just installed Mac OS X 10.1 on my computer in my dorm room
>(East Campus West). I am also running MS Office v.X. How do I print
>to an athena printer, especially to "helios" in Building 56? (I
>don't think there's a KLPR client for OS X but is there a
>workaround?)

No, currently there is no KLPR client for Mac OS X nor are we aware
of a workaround to print to authenticated printers (which "helios"
is).

You can print to non-authenticated printers under Mac OS X using the
built in lpr on Mac OS X, however.

Please note that Mac OS X is not officially supported by MIT
Information Systems.  For more information, see:

<http://web.mit.edu/is/help/macos/macosx/>

Scott McGuire / smcguire at mit.edu
MIT Information Systems Macintosh Developer