krb5 1.2.3 compile errors

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 16 19:38:37 EST 2002

Quoth Tom Yu <tlyu at MIT.EDU>:
| Try using xlc instead.  The cc on AIX doesn't seem to deal with ANSI
| prototypes.  Of course, there is a separate problem in
| lib/kadm5/unit-test, in that xlc doesn't like -DFOO=1 -UFOO -DFOO=2,
| but that's a separate issue that we're looking into.

Strictly speaking, "cc" does support ANSI prototypes, it just doesn't
define __STDC__.  Same for cc on Digital UNIX 4.0.  You more or less
need it anyway, as long as the buffer overflow patches require stdarg,
so it might be just as well to assume prototype support, __STDC__ or no.
(I'm referring to the end of defs.h, P() prototype macro, suggesting you
remove the "#ifdef __STDC__".)

xlc does define __STDC__.  On Digital UNIX 4 you can use cc -std to
define it, or -std0 or -std1 if you need more real compliance for
some reason.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu