problem with kerberos 5 telnet plugin

Rick Goyette rjgoyette at anl.gov
Tue Feb 19 12:18:00 EST 2002

Here is an interesting problem.  We recently moved our kerberos
server to a Windows 2000 machine.  I use a mac and KfM 4.0 fc1 and
kerberized betterTelnet to get a forwardable ticket.  Connecting to
the first machine works fine, but if I try to connect to a second
machine I get this error:  "kerberos 5 telnet Plug in (a bunch of
giberish) nstructing service name: Server not found in Kerberos
database failure on credentials."  This persists until I quit
betterTelnet and restart.  Then whatever machine I connect to first
works again, but any additional machine fails as above, even if the
requested node shows up in the kerberos control panel as having been
forwarded the ticket.  Pointing back to our old DCE server still
works correctly.
--
R. J. Goyette
Argonne National Laboratory