krb5-1.2.4-beta1 available

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Feb 8 17:39:00 EST 2002

Tom Yu wrote:

> I've posted krb5-1.2.4-beta1 on the MIT Kerberos web page,
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/

What! I just got 1.2.3 running, you can't come out with a new one this soon! :-)

> This is primarily a bugfix release; the final 1.2.4 release will
> probably happen in a week or two.  Please test this beta release and
> report any critical bugs in the next week.
>
> The major changes include fixes to the off-by-one error in login.krb5
> that prevented users with 8-character usernames from logging in, as
> well as a fix to work around the 8-bit kvno problem.

Have you ever considered a send it your favorite patch release? There
are lots of people, including myself, who have some favorite changes they
would like to see in the release.Some of us hav be caring these forward
for years, even though they have been submitted but never picked.