Eudora and MacOS X 10.2

Alexei Kosut akosut at Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 22 17:46:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:22:54AM -0400, Marshall Vale wrote:
> A Kerberos Extras package for Mac OS X 10.2, which includes an
> updated CFM bridge library, will be released soon. The decision not
> to include the CFM bridge library in Mac OS X is Apple's.

Alternately, if you just want your Eudora working again, without
Kerberos support, I believe you can go to /System/Library/CFMSupport
and remove "Kerberos.bridge" and "Kerberos Support.bridge".  These are
the Mac OS X 10.1/KfM 4.0 bridge libraries that are no longer
compatible with KfM 4.5.

> A future version of Eudora on the Macintosh will support GSS/Kerberos
> v5 natively for the appropriate versions of pop, IMAP and SMTP. I
> mention this publicly with Qualcomm's permission.

This is excellent news!

--
Alexei Kosut <akosut at cs.stanford.edu> <http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~akosut/>