krb5-appl/1087: ftp clients can't connect to ftpd over a NAT

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 17 14:13:00 EDT 2002

    Donn> A conservative policy for minor releases is a good thing in
    Donn> general - I really hate it when every release, no matter how
    Donn> minor, includes some gratuitous feature change!  But in
    Donn> support of this request - how many sites out there aren't
    Donn> going to need this patch?  Is there any site left in the
    Donn> world that isn't stuck with at least some NAT users?  It's
    Donn> broke, isn't it, and probably for the majority of sites?

It's not even a bug fix.  I don't think you can realistically say that
Kerberos has ever supported NAT for ftp even a little bit.  We'll add
such support in the next major release.

Hopefully, soon, people will start using GSSAPI sftp and scp instead
of ftp.