krb5-appl/1087: ftp clients can't connect to ftpd over a NAT

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 17 11:53:00 EDT 2002

    Steven> It'd be _very_ nice if this change could get into release
    Steven> 1.2.5.

Not going to happen.  If the discussion was about a week earlier it
might have been possible.  We've been very conservative about what we
put in patch releases.  The krb_cred fixes were not included because
of their value for NATs but because they created a Heimdal interop
problem.

I'm not sure what we would have done had the only reason for the cred patches been NAT support.

If there becomes a need for 1.2.6 I'll certainly bring up the issue.