krb4 API Documentation

Miro Jurisic meeroh at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 12 01:49:00 EDT 2002

Please continue ccing krbdev since I will probably not be able to
answer all of your questions personally.

>I need documentation for the Kerberos4 framework,  I looked at the
>documentation links on the web page but they were not very helpful.
>Specifically I need to know how to use the functions available and
>whether they show GUI, since I'm writing a low level Appleshare UAM
>which doesn't allow GUI.  Documentation similar to that available
>for the KClient API would be great.  I'll like to replace the old
>KClient calls while I'm writing the plugin.  I'd appreciate
>suggestion on how to replace these KClient calls with their
>equivalent KerberosV4 calls: KClientNewClientSession,
>KClientGetTicketForService, KClientSetServerPrincipal,
>KClientGetCCacheReference, KClientGetAuthenticatorForService.

Those functions will only display a UI when it is possible to display
UI. If not, they will return you an error if you don't have a valid
TGT available. Therefore it should be safe for you to continue
calling those exact same functions with no changes to your code.

hth

meeroh
--

<http://web.meeroh.org/> | KB1FMP

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and
egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.