renew ticket failed

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Thu Nov 9 18:52:33 EST 2023

On 11/8/23 16:13, Dong Ye wrote:
>        we encountered an issue where we can't renew the ticket before the
> ticket expires. Seems the ticket is renewable but its renew_till time is
> before its end_time. How is it possible?

It's possible if the ticket was requested that way ("kinit -l 2h -r 1h"
for instance).  For a period of time (1.12 through 1.15) the MIT krb5
KDC issued non-renewable tickets for such requests, but that was found
to be disruptive to scripts, so it once again issues renewable tickets
whose end times can't be extended.