Internal credentials cache error for server principal - 1765328188

Vato Kvantaliani kvantaliani at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:45:53 EST 2022

thanks Greg, In our case it is a single process as we are just testing
connection. No concurrency there. Very simple setup, PowerBI Report server
connects to Hive(Cloudera) with  Cloudera's native odbc driver. For some
types of reports it works and we authenticate without problems but the most
important report(which is kind of legacy type) throws that  GSS error.

Any advice with another message:

ccselect can't find appropriate cache for server principal
hive/bda1node01.bog.ge at BDA1.BOG.GE
<https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos>

log says client getting and creating authenticator, though klist shows
server credential is in client's cache

[10708] 1641384364.890004: ccselect can't find appropriate cache for
server principal hive/bda1node01.bog.ge at BDA1.BOG.GE

[10708] 1641384364.906000: Getting credentials vkvantaliani at BOG.GE ->
hive/bda1node01.bog.ge at BDA1.BOG.GE using ccache API:krb5cc
[10708] 1641384364.906001: Retrieving vkvantaliani at BOG.GE ->
hive/bda1node01.bog.ge at BDA1.BOG.GE from API:krb5cc with result:
0/Success
[10708] 1641384364.906003: Creating authenticator for
vkvantaliani at BOG.GE -> hive/bda1node01.bog.ge at BDA1.BOG.GE, seqnum
229919889, subkey

And in this case client authenticates and connection is good.

Could it be somehow related with kerberos pre authentication at AD?

Another questions is if there is any sense of playing with different
type of caches, like DIR, MEMORY etc.

Thank you,