Internal credentials cache error for server principal - 1765328188

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Thu Jan 6 11:34:03 EST 2022

On 1/5/22 7:52 AM, Vato Kvantaliani wrote:
> Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
> (Internal credentials cache error)

This error message came up in April:

https://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2021-April/022630.html

It's hard to be sure that the cause is the same without knowing more
about the setup.  In that case the cause was multiple threads or
processes trying to refresh the ccache from a client keytab at the same
time.

To address this issue, I implemented atomic replacement for most
credential cache types:

https://github.com/krb5/krb5/commit/371f09d4bf4ca0c7ba15c5ef909bc35307ed9cc3

However, it will be some time before this works its way into a Kerberos
for Windows release.  I'm not sure I can offer concrete advice since I
am not familiar with PowerBI.