unexpected failure for GSS Pg server

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Feb 16 20:58:27 EST 2022

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 5:03 PM Dameon Wagner <dameon.wagner at it.ox.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Armed with that information, the most likely solution would be to
> extract a fresh keytab (using either the kadmin "ktadd" subcommand, or
> the handy `k5srvutil` command).

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Dameon!

Do you know why performing the ktadd increases the kvno? I believe that is
what tripped me up. I thought I was just "re-exporting" the key from the
KDC.

> It may appear a bit old, but the O'Reilly book is still a classic
> resource for becoming familiar with Kerberos and how it functions.

Ha! Yup! That book is in the office and I have been WFH for the last two
years. :/

Thanks again for the help!

-m