heimdal http proxy

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Sun Sep 12 07:49:57 EDT 2021

On 9/11/2021 11:22 AM, Charles Hedrick (hedrick at rutgers.edu) wrote:
> I’d like to be able to use Kerberos SPNEGO at home. Unfortunately the Mac uses Heimdal.

One premise of this thread is that Apple uses Heimdal as developed at

   https://www.heimdal.software/ aka https://github.com/heimdal/

Apple does not.  Apple uses a fork from Heimdal circa 2008.   Apple
publishes its changes and some of them are manually cloned into

  https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal

but most are not.

> We don’t currently explore our Kerberos servers to the Internet, but we do have an https proxy for MIT kerberos. Heimal apparently has its own HTTP proxy. Does anyone know of software to implement the proxy?
I believe the question that should be asked is

  "Can an https proxy client compatible with MIT Kerberos be implemented
for Heidmal?"

The answer is "yes", but someone would need to development the
implementation and submit a pull request.

Jeffrey Altman