heimdal http proxy

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Sat Sep 11 18:03:09 EDT 2021

At home I’m outside our firewall. We have an https proxy that works fine for MIT implementations, but not heimdal. Heimdal has an http proxy configuration available in krb5.conf, but that’s useless without an actual proxy server. I’m looking for an implementation of the proxy. I also don’t see any example of the format needed to define the proxy in krb5.conf.

An alternative is to open port 88 from the outside. I’m not sure how risky that actually is. The Kdc is a pretty mature piece of software.