how to install pam_krb5_migrate in RHEL/Fedora, NIS-->Kerberos authentication

Robert Kudyba rkudyba at fordham.edu
Fri Oct 23 16:05:48 EDT 2020

So I tried this work around, creating a sym link:
ln -s /usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt_mit.so.12.0
/usr/lib64/security/pam_krb5_migrate.so.1

from ssh -vv -K
debug1: Next authentication method: gssapi-with-mic
debug1: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
No Kerberos credentials available (default cache: KEYRING:persistent:6105)

>From the ssh logs after restarting sshd:
sshd: PAM unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_authenticate
sshd: PAM unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_setcred

Any other suggestions on getting this working?