how to install pam_krb5_migrate in RHEL/Fedora, NIS-->Kerberos authentication

Robert Kudyba rkudyba at fordham.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:56:25 EDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 10:48 AM Robbie Harwood <rharwood at redhat.com> wrote:
> Robert Kudyba <rkudyba at fordham.edu> writes:
>
> > /usr/lib64/security/pam_krb5_migrate.so.1. Got the following errors:
> > /usr/lib64/security/pam_krb5_migrate.so.1): libkadm5clnt_mit.so.11:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> In Fedora, libkad5clnt_mit.so is provided by libkadm5.  However, there
> has been a soname bump (to 12).

OK I see:
/usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt.so
/usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt_mit.so
/usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt_mit.so.12
/usr/lib64/libkadm5clnt_mit.so.12.0

> Please be aware that neither I (Fedora maintainer) do not support
> external programs using the libkadm5 interfaces, and upstream krb5 does
> not provide stability guarantees for it.

Sure, I understand. Just testing it at the moment.

So can I use libkadm5clnt_mit.so.12.0 and reference that in the PAM
auth stack, wherever I had pam_krb5_migrate? Oracle has a migration
guide at https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1456/setup-148.html#faavx
that I'm trying to follow.