Constrained Delegation with MIT Kerberos

Jeffries, Joseph L Joseph.Jeffries at minnstate.edu
Mon Apr 8 12:40:31 EDT 2019

Christopher, Simo and others,

Thank you for your responses!  Here is our environment:

Windows Active Directory (ldap, single domain)  All of our users that need to access reports are in this directory.

Oracle 12 C database server on Linux - We row level security implemented, so we need to know the user that is running the report to make sure they can only see data they have access too.

We have two application servers that basically just display reports with Oracle data:

1) SQL Server Reporting Service (does not require constrained delegation, so we use Full Delegation) This server connects just fine use MIT Kerberos as client to our backend Oracle database.

--This server is the issue as it requires “constrained delegation”.

2) Microsoft Power BI Server On-Prem (this software requires constrained delegation)

Below is a screen shot of where in Active Directory where you assign a server to use constrained delegation for another server\service.  I do not know what the “service type” should be and do I need to create a SPN (Service Principle Name) for “MIT Kerberos”.  If so what are the parameters.

[cid:image001.png at 01D4EDFF.3F6DA260]

Let me know if there is any other information that would help.

Thanks,

Joseph