the file type of krb5-1.15.1 is wrong

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Sep 8 13:14:35 EDT 2017

On 09/08/2017 12:30 PM, Prime wrote:
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/krb5/1.15/krb5-1.15.1.tar.gz
>

> it's actually a tar file but tar.gz

I think that's an issue with web.mit.edu, although I'm not familiar
enough with HTTP to know immediately what the problem is.  If I fetch
that URL with wget, I receive a gzipped tar file as expected.  If I
fetch it with Chrome or Firefox, it seems to get transparently
uncompressed and lands as an uncompressed tar file without changing the
suffix.

Until recently we distributed releases as uncompressed tar files
containing a gpg signature and a compressed tar file, so we didn't have
this issue.