Testing 3 Kerberos realms from same server

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon May 1 14:47:19 EDT 2017

On 05/01/2017 11:04 AM, Tareq Alrashid wrote:
[...]
> Code written in Python simply loops through each of the 3 realms, kinit with the keytab performs a few  kadmin operations and either passes or fails.
>
> The strange result is that only the realm name set by “default_realm =“, pass and all others fail! If I manually change value to one of the other realm names; yep! same corresponding result.

Without specifics it's hard to be sure, but my guess would be that you
need to use the kadmin -r option.

I recently wrote up some documentation text going over the effects of
the default_realm setting; you can find it here:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/host_config.html#default-realm