gss-client

Imanuel Greenfeld imanuel.greenfeld1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 20 17:16:31 EST 2017

Dear all,

I compiled your sample for gss-client.

I run :-

kinit -V -kt <keytab> <user> and got a ticket created.

klist

I then tried running :-

gss-client  -port 8080 -d -mech kerberos_v5 <destination server> sftp "ls"

but I'm getting :-

               GSS-API error str_to_oid; Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code
may provide more information.

               GSS-API error str_to_oid; Unknown error

               GSS-API error initializing context : Unspecified GSS failure.
Minor code may provide more information.

               GSS-API error initializing context : Server not found in
Kerberos database.

I have been told that the server I'm running gss-client on does not to be
permissioned.  But I don't know how to "attach" the TGT to the gss-client

I tried doing it all on the same command, for example :-

kinit -V -kt <keytab> <user> ; gss-client  -port 8080 -d -mech kerberos_v5
<destination server> sftp "ls"

But I'm getting the same errors.

I am not running gss-server because there is already a different server
which has Kerberos configured so I'm just trying to connect to it (as above
: <destination server>)

I'm on Sun Solaris.

Can you please help ?

Many thanks in advance.