kerberos error setup on mac

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Fri Apr 14 11:59:18 EDT 2017

On 04/13/2017 11:56 PM, ronald rodriguez wrote:
> Thanks Emma!
>
> I have installed the kerberos5 using macport, just wonder if you can still able to help me to figure out which is the right kdc.conf being read by the system. I just tried these files:

The default location of kdc.conf is in <localstatedir>/krb5kdc/kdc.conf,
where <localstatedir> is determined by configure.  By default it should
be /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kdc.conf, but it would be affected by the
--localstatedir or --prefix configure options.

See also the top of
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/conf_files/kdc_conf.html
and
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/mitK5defaults.html#paths