kerberos error setup on mac

ronald rodriguez ronald.duenas.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 23:56:15 EDT 2017

Thanks Emma!

I have installed the kerberos5 using macport, just wonder if you can still able to help me to figure out which is the right kdc.conf being read by the system. I just tried these files:

KurtMAC:etc mcroot$ grep listen /opt/local/etc/kdc.conf  /usr/local/etc/kdc.conf
/opt/local/etc/kdc.conf:	kdc_listen = 750
/opt/local/etc/kdc.conf:	kdc_tcp_listen = 750
/opt/local/etc/kdc.conf:		kdc_listen = 750
/opt/local/etc/kdc.conf:		kdc_tcp_listen = 750
/usr/local/etc/kdc.conf:	kdc_listen = 4000
/usr/local/etc/kdc.conf:	kdc_tcp_listen = 4000
/usr/local/etc/kdc.conf:		kdc_listen = 4000
/usr/local/etc/kdc.conf:		kdc_tcp_listen = 4000
KurtMAC:etc mcroot$ sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.Kerberos.kdc.plist
KurtMAC:etc mcroot$ sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.Kerberos.kdc.plist
KurtMAC:etc mcroot$ netstat -an | grep LIS | grep 88
tcp4       0      0  *.88                   *.*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0  *.88                   *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  192.168.1.11.49704     17.188.165.207.5223    ESTABLISHED
KurtMAC:etc mcroot$

but still it listen to port 88. Your expert advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
ronald