Regarding the software MIT Kerberos for Windows version 4.1

Kumar, Ashish /CS ashish.kumar at em-msph.com
Thu Oct 6 08:43:55 EDT 2016

Hello Team,

I am contacting you on behalf of ExxonMobil IT Asset Management regarding your software called MIT Kerberos for Windows version 4.1

--> In order to proceed with a request raised by one of our affiliates, please provide your most recent End User License Agreement (EULA) and confirm if it covers all of the software products marketed by your company or if it is specific to a certain product line.

--> Could you please provide me the list of third party components used in this software?

--> Could you please provide me information that is this freeware or not? Also please provide me the information that if the source code is available or not.

-->  If you have already classified this software with ECCN, please confirm the applicable number.

If you do not have your software classified with an ECCN, please kindly answer the following questions so that we may self-assess:

1, Does the Software perform any encryption or utilize any encryption processes?  Y/N

2. If the answer is YES to question 1, please indicate if the encryption is coded into the application or separately called (such as using SSL)

3. If the answer is YES to question 1, please indicate what function(s) the cryptography/encryption serves

A, Copyright protection purposes (Includes using a license key/code)

B, User authentication purposes

C, A core part of the functionality such as to encrypt databases

D, To encrypt communications between the software and a host system.

Background information:

An Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) is a specific alpha-numeric code that identifies the level of export control for items e.g. software that are exported from member states of the Wassenaar Arrangement, including the United States. After obtaining the ECCN, the exporter must determine whether an export license is required to export items to certain countries.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish Kumar
New Products-Software Analyst
EMIT Customer Infrastructure

HCL Technologies Private Limited
(CIN: L74140DL1991PLC046369)
10th Floor, ODC-IV, Software Tower 6, Sector 126
Noida SEZ, Uttar Pradesh - 201301, India
Phone +14088093746; Extn - 4144550
IM me<sip:ashish.kumar at em-msph.com> | E-mail me<mailto:ashish.kumar at em-msph.com>

for

ExxonMobil Global Services Company