kdb5_ldap_util fails, no idea why

Dr. Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Mon Nov 7 11:14:02 EST 2016

Am 07.11.2016 um 15:06 schrieb Todd Grayson:
> From that error message you need to provide the schema file for the
> kerebros ldap objects to your directory instance. Can we assume you
> followed top down the instructions from here?
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/kerberos-ldap.html
Yes, this is my main source. It seems I have the schema on my LDAP:

ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b 'cn=schema,cn=config' 'dn'
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=schema,cn=config> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: dn
#

# schema, config
dn: cn=schema,cn=config

# {0}core, schema, config
dn: cn={0}core,cn=schema,cn=config

# {1}cosine, schema, config
dn: cn={1}cosine,cn=schema,cn=config

# {2}nis, schema, config
dn: cn={2}nis,cn=schema,cn=config

# {3}inetorgperson, schema, config
dn: cn={3}inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config

# {4}samba, schema, config
dn: cn={4}samba,cn=schema,cn=config

# {5}kerberos, schema, config
dn: cn={5}kerberos,cn=schema,cn=config

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 8
# numEntries: 7

I admit that I did not understand why in that Howto many more schemas
were included to produce the LDIF for the Kerberos schema, but at least
OpenLDAP did accept it.

Thanks,
  - lars.