Newbie

Tom Yu tlyu at mit.edu
Thu Jan 21 14:21:13 EST 2016

andrey <avolodin at mail.ru> writes:

> Guys, may I ask if
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/build/doing_build.html way
> of installing kerberos sould work?

Unfortunately, that documentation is "frozen" to the krb5-1.14 release,
and doesn't reflect changes since then.

Documentation such as that located at

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/build/doing_build.html

is built from master and more accurately reflects changes made on master
since the most recent official release.

> trying using-autoconf section
>
>   ----on rhel 7 I have git clone
> https://github.com/krb5/krb5/tree/master/src but there is no
> /src/util/reconf ;

On master, you need to run autoreconf.  We eliminated src/util/reconf
because it was no longer necessary.

> However tackled to install krb5-server via yum, but still puzzled with
> kdc.conf and krb config files realm section. What have I to write here
> having one dns record  like example.exaple.net for my pc static ip.

I think we will need to know more details of what you're trying to do
and your configuration to help you.

-Tom