Questions on map_error(), map_errcode() and gss_display_status()

Weaver, Amy Amy.Weaver at netapp.com
Mon Feb 1 19:33:11 EST 2016

Hi,

map_error() is used to map an error code for a specific mechanism to an error string, and gss_display_status() is used to display the error string.
However in the Kerberos 5 version 1.10.1 library, gss_display_status() does not work. As a workaround, I commented out one instance of map_error().
My goal is to override map_error() as an void function, i.e. does nothing. Any one see any problem with this approach? Any consequence? Suggestions?

Similarly, map_errcode() uses the same mapping table as map_error(), but is used for com_err codes. Can anyone tell me what are com_err's? Where
can I find info? What API is used to print the error strings for com_err? Or is gss_display_status() is used to display the error string?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Amy Weaver
CIFS Development
408.822.1532