[EXTERNAL] Re: FAST OTP

Machin, Glenn D GMachin at sandia.gov
Sat Aug 27 21:10:12 EDT 2016

Thanks to Dio I was able to get the Pkinit Anonymous working to enable the armor key.   I noticed that RedHat 7 supports OTP in Kerberos and the kinit works fine.   You do need to force TCP for Kerberos,  since the radius transaction can take longer than a second to complete at times. Using UDP I was getting a failure on the RH7 system (a VM on my laptop) because the initial AS_REQ did not complete until after a second AS_REQ was sent, which failed, while the first came back successful.

Next step was to be able to use it for login/sudo.    I modified the pam_krb5 step to below in system-auth.   What I see on the KDC are only encrypted timestamp preauth.

Can RHEL7 pam_krb5 do OTP?

       auth        [success=done authinfo_unavail=ignore new_authtok_reqd=ok ignore=ignore default=die]    pam_krb5.so no_initial_prompt no_subsequent_prompt armor=true armor_strategy=pkinit

Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn

On 8/26/16, 4:09 PM, "kerberos-bounces at mit.edu on behalf of Dmitri Pal" <kerberos-bounces at mit.edu on behalf of dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

    On 08/26/2016 04:38 PM, Diogenes Jesus wrote:

    >> I was able to configure a krb5-1.14.2 KDC to use FAST OTP with an RSA Authentication Manager Radius server.
    >>
    >> I have a couple of questions:
    >>

    >> ·         FAST requires an existing ticket cache.  If you need a TGT to get a FAST OTP TGT how do you do that?
    > One way is to enable Anonymous support (http://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Anonymous_kerberos) - DONT forget to restrict anonymous to tgt only on your kdcs!
    >
    > Dio

    OK you can use host key to armor the FAST tunnel for a client system if
    your host is also a part of the Kerberos realm.
    You can check FreeIPA project, there all these pieces are integrated and
    automated.

    --
    Thank you,
    Dmitri Pal

    Engineering Director, Identity Management and Platform Security
    Red Hat, Inc.