Kerberos authentication ntetwork

Brandon Allbery ballbery at sinenomine.net
Wed Sep 9 17:09:05 EDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-09 at 15:45 -0500, Ben Kim wrote:
> My worry about 10G is when data traffic gets jammed or network goes down
> KDC may not respond. 10G network cables are not redundant for budget reason.
> My worry about 1G network is network bandwidth. I'M pretty new to Kerberos,
> and as a service expands Im not sure how much of bandwidth will Kerberos
> network consume.

Kerberos itself is very low bandwidth; you would have difficulty
saturating even an old 10MB network with it, unless something is
severely misconfigured.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                           sine nomine associates
allbery.b at gmail.com                              ballbery at sinenomine.net
unix openafs kerberos infrastructure xmonad        http://sinenomine.net