Kerberos authentication ntetwork

Ben Kim benkimkimben at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:45:32 EDT 2015

Hi!
I have a Kerberos KDC residing in a 6 server cluster, and the cluster is
linked with 10Gb network where data gets transferred, and 1Gb network where
administrators connect.

Would it be better practice to have Kerberos setup on 10G data network or
1G admin network?

My worry about 10G is when data traffic gets jammed or network goes down
KDC may not respond. 10G network cables are not redundant for budget reason.
My worry about 1G network is network bandwidth. I'M pretty new to Kerberos,
and as a service expands Im not sure how much of bandwidth will Kerberos
network consume.

I'll happy to listen how others setup their kerberos
Thank you :D
Ben