Install failure, krb5-1.13 on Fedora 21_kernel 3.18.3-201 (and earlier 3.17 kernels)

Garth Rees garthrees1960 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:35:42 EST 2015

Hello All,

I am attempting to build, install and configure krb5-1.13 from the MIT
source tar-ball, and thus far have had no success.

Whilst the build and install appear to be successful, when I attempt to
configure the primary KDC, it fails, as the kdb_util pacakge (at least),
appears to have not be configured according to the ./config settings, being
the following:

--prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var/lib
--libdir=/usr/lib64

When I use *strace* to follow what the kernel calls are, it shows that the
program is not calling (or writing) to and from the directories set in the
./config file, but still using the defaults, as listed in the official MIT
documentation for release 1.13.

How can I get this software to configure correctly, as per the required
directory settings?

Best Regards,
Garth.