gssapi32.dll

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 21 16:37:34 EDT 2015

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015, Jeffery Dowell wrote:

> Thanks Ben, This is most helpful and I am trying multiple variations on
> my test systems. I haven't had any luck as of yet on a fix. I just
> joined the list yesterday and missed out on the prior conversation about
> this topic. I don't see a way to access list archives so if anyone has
> access to this prior topic and can forward, it would be most
> appreciated. The subject of concern is:

The list is archived at http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/ ,
though the web view is not very searchable.  (Downloading the full raw
archive will get something that a local MUA should be able to search,
though.)

> SncPDLINIT()==SNCERR_INIT
>  Unable to load GSS-API DLL
> Error 182 = "The operating system cannot run C:\Program Files
> (x86)\MIT\Kerberos\bin\gssapi32.dll
>  Return Code -1
> System Call LoadLibrary

I did a bit of poking with dumpbin.exe /dependents on my local machine,
but nothing is standing out as obviously a candidate for being missing,
other than the C runtime.  My build is a debug build, so I have
msvcr100d.dll, but you probably have a non-debug build.

Can you try using Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to
see if there are missing dependencies which could explain the LoadLibrary
failure?

-Ben