Is there a "CApath" concept in AD/DC?

Todd Grayson tgrayson at cloudera.com
Fri Apr 17 12:19:53 EDT 2015

We have seen, however, in limited testing and in field implementations,
that CApath can express to a MIT kerberos client the inherent domain trusts
on the AD side within a Forest.  We're planning on doing more testing with
it, but the discussion here applied to what we observed.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Managing_Smart_Cards/Setting_Up_Cross_Realm_Authentication.html

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 15:52 +0200, Rick van Rein wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > MIT krb5 features a "CApath" setting through which an external party can
> > help to find a path to realms that are not locally configured /
> > crossed-over.  Does Windows AD/DC have a similar feature, and how is it
> > setup?
> >
> > For MIT krb5 I believe it's not possible to relay anything unknown
> > through CApath (but an option may be the . realm) -- but would this work
> > on AD/DC?
> >
> > With this, crossover based on DNSSEC/DANE could be implemented in a
> > component external to the binaries of AD/DC, making the chances of
> > acceptance quite a bit higher.
> >

> Search for "AD name routing", you will find articles about how AD can do
> "routing" among trusted domains/forests, and how to set up "exceptions".
>
> Afaik it is not nearly as open ended as MIT's CApath, and works only
> with established (And 'verified') trusts relationships.
>
> Simo.
>
> --
> Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York

Todd Grayson