Is there a "CApath" concept in AD/DC?

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 10:09:18 EDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 15:52 +0200, Rick van Rein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MIT krb5 features a "CApath" setting through which an external party can
> help to find a path to realms that are not locally configured /
> crossed-over.  Does Windows AD/DC have a similar feature, and how is it
> setup?
>
> For MIT krb5 I believe it's not possible to relay anything unknown
> through CApath (but an option may be the . realm) -- but would this work
> on AD/DC?
>
> With this, crossover based on DNSSEC/DANE could be implemented in a
> component external to the binaries of AD/DC, making the chances of
> acceptance quite a bit higher.

Search for "AD name routing", you will find articles about how AD can do
"routing" among trusted domains/forests, and how to set up "exceptions".

Afaik it is not nearly as open ended as MIT's CApath, and works only
with established (And 'verified') trusts relationships.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York