Canonicalisation in kfw-4.0?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 15 09:58:00 EDT 2014

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Rick van Rein wrote:

> Hello Benjamin,
>
> >> Am I correct that the kfw-4.0 GUI does not support a Canonicalisation
> >> option for the principal name?
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand the question correctly.  Are you asking about
> > RFC 6806 name canonicalization, as used for (e.g.) enterprise principal
> > names?
>
> Yes, that’s what I meant.  It is not present in the kfw4 GUI, is it?

There is no support for enterprise principal names in the KfW 4.0 GUI,
correct.  kinit.exe /E should work as on Unix, though.

Can you say something about your usage scenario for enterprise principal
names?  If it is sufficiently generic, we might consider adding GUI
functionality in a future release.

-Ben