kerberos testing server/realm

bodik bodik at civ.zcu.cz
Tue Sep 2 04:20:23 EDT 2014

Hello,

I've question regarding testing GSS-API/Kerberos enabled applications.

While working on some tweaks for rsyslogd I found that developers might miss a
testing environment. Of course is possible for everyone to create a TEST realm,
register all needed principals (which could be tough in dynamic clouds) and
happily test the application at least some it's basic functionality which
depends on auth...

But I was thinking, if there would be something like "static_kdc.c" ? some very
small implementation without all fancy features like PA, crossrealming, heavy
encryption, something which would just send out session keys to everybody having
some static secrets for anyone ... ?

Is there anything like that or even could be this possible ?
Or am I completely our of line ?

Thanks for replies
Radoslav Bodo