Kerberos authentication to Active Directory with SSL enrcyption

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Sat Mar 8 15:19:37 EST 2014

"Markus Moeller" <huaraz at moeller.plus.com> writes:

> I wonder if someone can point me to a way to achieve an ldaps connection
> to Active Directory with Kerberos (or GSSAPI ).

>    SASL/GSSAPI seems broken and nobody seems to mind.

Well, I do this all the time to our Active Directory server, so I know it
works.  Our experience is that you have to use TLS (which you appear to be
doing), and you need to specify minssf=0 and maxssf=0 because Active
Directory doesn't support a SASL privacy layer when TLS is in use.  But it
shouldn't require anything beyond that.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>