On IETF JGSS interface

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Tue Mar 4 15:50:00 EST 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Arpit Srivastava <arpit.orb at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the license of IETF JGSS interface (
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2853.txt), given that I would be implementing
> the interface using MIT Kerberos APIs, defined in the Java package
> "org.ietf.jgss" ?

RFC5653 obsoletes RFC2853 and uses a three-clause revised BSD license
for the code embedded in it.

Assuming you'd be using the GSS-API C bindings to implement the Java
bindings, I don't see how the MIT Kerberos license comes into play,
since you could link with any GSS-API C bindings implementation, of
which there are at least four to my knowledge.  The C bindings
licensing would be specified in RFC2744, but it doesn't really have a
license for the C header bits.

Nico