On IETF JGSS interface

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 11:28:58 EST 2014

On 03/04/2014 09:59 AM, Arpit Srivastava wrote:
> What is the license of IETF JGSS interface (
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2853.txt), given that I would be implementing
> the interface using MIT Kerberos APIs, defined in the Java package
> "org.ietf.jgss" ?

I am not a lawyer and cannot give legal advice, but I do not believe
there are any inherent limitations on how an implementation of RFC 2853
can be licensed.  Section 12 of that RFC contains a copyright statement,
but that would apply to derivative works of the RFC itself.

MIT's license can be found in the top-level NOTICE file.  There are a
bunch of license statements from different contributors there, but they
are all BSD-ish in that they do not substantially restrict how software
using the libraries is licensed.