k5start -K and ticket renewals

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Thu Jan 16 13:21:58 EST 2014

steve <steve at steve-ss.com> writes:

> Only the human aspect of it. If you are saying that our -K now will work
> the same as your new -K then perfect. But you aren't. You can only give
> us 'fairly sure'. My boss doesn't do 'fairly sure'. Please don't fix
> something that isn't broken. If you really must do soething to k5start,
> leave -K as it is and do -someOtherLetter as an additional switch.

I believe the only difference from the perspective of an existing user is
that k5start will do more Kerberos authentications.  It would surprise me
a great deal if you would even notice, since Kerberos authentications are
exceptionally light-weight.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>