k5start -K and ticket renewals

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jan 16 09:09:53 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 18:51 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> It's also sort of weird and complex, and people struggle to understand it.
>
> I'm therefore considering changing the next release to always acquire
> fresh tickets each time k5start wakes up.  So if you run k5start -K 10,
> then k5start will wake up every ten minutes and acquire new tickets
> unconditionally, regardless of whether the current tickets are about to
> expire.

Hi
From: The Campaign To Save -K (European branch)

Please remember that you're not always dealing with admins with mit
education;) Here, we're just simple folk who have to keep a domain
alive. Every day. We are scared to death of Kerberos. -K works an
absolute treat. We understand it. Could you please retain it? If you
must make a change then could it be an addition? We'd suggest -J. If you
already have -J then just choose another letter. Easy.

Cheers,
Steve