Random failure while communicating with KDC

sowmya sowmya_ambale at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 13:44:09 EST 2014

We are seeing this also but only when communicating with an IPv6 KDC.  In our
case, is a Windows 2008 and client is linux x86_64.

I enabled some tracing and found that inside service_tcp_fd, it gets to

case WRITING and I see the following prints:

trying to writev 2 (194 bytes) to fd 13
wrote 194 bytes
switching fd 13 to READING

Then in service_fds function, where service_tcp_fd gets invoked again,
ssflags is set to 5.  And the exception returned is

socket error on exception fd for fd 13: Operation now in progress

We are using krb5-1.10.3 which is what comes with fedora 18.