memory leak in krb5_get_init_creds_keytab in 1.10.2 ?

Greg Hudson ghudson at mit.edu
Mon Aug 25 16:09:48 EDT 2014

On 08/25/2014 03:05 PM, Markus Moeller wrote:
> I call krb5_get_init_creds_keytab in my application and  valgrind tells me
> about a leak ( see below ) . It seems to be the memory allocation for
> mod-modreq_p, which I think I can't clear from my application, can I ?

I believe this is issue #7793:

  http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=7793

which is fixed in 1.12.2.  In that issue, the per-request preauth
context is only leaked when krb5_get_init_creds_keytab fails.  If you're
seeing a memory leak when it succeeds, further investigation might be
needed.