Spnego to Tomcat Fronted by Apache

Bram Cymet bcymet at cbnco.com
Tue Feb 5 20:09:05 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get OpenAM working with kerberos authentication using
Spnego.

OpenAM runs in a tomcat container. SPNEGO works perfectly if I expose
the tomcat connector directly. However if I put apache in front of
tomcat either with mod jk or a proxypass to the ajp connector then the
token is not being passed properly and tomcat reports a 401 error saying
This request requires HTTP authentication ().

So I am wondering if anyone has ever passed SPNEGO through apache to
tomcat and if so how? Or maybe this isn't even possible.

Thanks,

--
Bram Cymet
Software Developer