krb5_get_init_creds_password takes 15 secs to return

Rasanth Akali Kandoth rasanth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 06:42:48 EDT 2013

All,
I am facing an issue. call to krb5_get_init_creds_password is taking 15
secs to return.  i am calling it as follows.
krb5_get_init_creds_password(k5->ctx, &my_creds, k5->me,
                                        opts->principal_passwd, NULL, NULL,
0, NULL, options);

after it returns, everything works fine. I could see that there is no delay
at the KDC. as soon as it get a AS-REQ, it responds. the delay happens even
before the request is made.
is there any known issue with this function?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Rasanth