remctl 3.3 released

ольга крыжановская olga.kryzhanovska at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:20:20 EDT 2012

Russ, I was comparing this only to rsh. In rsh you can not have extra
streams so the process called on the remote site can not use the extra
channels for more detailed communication. Idea was, caller opens extra
fds which are inherited by the remctl process via fork(), or passed
via command line by path name (including paths listed in
/proc/num/fd/12345). Then remctl asks the server to open the same fd
numbers as extra stream connections for the process it will launch,
which can be used for extra communication.

Olga

--
     { \/`o;====-    Olga Kryzhanovska   -====;o`\/ }