remctl 3.3 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 26 01:16:11 EDT 2012

ольга крыжановская <olga.kryzhanovska at gmail.com> writes:

> Russ, here is my RFE:
> - Support SCTP.

What does that mean for an application program?

> - If SCTP is supported, allow that more than stdin/stdout/stderr
> streams (with fifo semantics only, not full file I/O with seek()) to
> be forwarded. This should be easy, as SCTP can embed many streams with
> in a single SCTP connection.

The remctl protocol already makes it fairly easy to add additional
streams of output from the program run by the server.  There just hasn't
been any reason to try to implement that since no one has asked for it.
Could you explain more about your use case?  Do you want the remctld
server to open additional file descriptors before running the program?
How many?  Why?