1.10 '[login]' section of krb5.conf gone now?

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 20 13:07:18 EST 2012

On 11/20/2012 12:53 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Can someone please confirm for me that the [login] section of
> krb5.conf has been deprecated? The docs for 1.10 omit any
> mention of it.

Since the application code was unbundled from krb5, the code in the main
krb5 source distribution no longer reads from the [login] section.  So
we no longer document it.

The [login] section is still used by the login program in krb5-appl, but
documentation for that source distribution is (somewhat intentionally)
quite sparse at this point.