Windows Login against Linux KDC

Tiago Elvas tiagoelvas at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:52:40 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am struggling to configure my Windows machine running a Windows Server
2008.

1- I have established a domain with a KDC running on a Redhat 5.7 machine.
I have correctly configured other Linux machine to retrieve tickets on
login ('su' and 'ssh' through PAM)
2- In the Windows machine, I am able to manually retrieve tickets with the
"Network Identity Manager".

Now what I wanted to do is to restrict the login in the Windows machine to
those users who are able to authenticate against the Linux KDC (apart from
an Administrator account). So if user "tiago" is not defined in the KDC he
cannot login to this (Windows) machine.

Can anybody give some tips on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tiago